Katarina is a woman with many talents, she models and acts, is founder of VIVA GLAM MAGAZINE and is a proud advocate for animals. Her international success is obvious; the numbers behind her successes don’t lie. In our exclusive Q&A, meet the woman behind the beautiful smile and lovely tresses.
21 = National and international print and TV commercial appearances.
60 = Front cover magazines worldwide.
600 = Starred in major media outlets, including the Time Square Jumbotron, CNN, FOX, and NBC.
1. My philosophy in life is: “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Gandhi
2. The actress that I looked up as a teen was Sigourney Weaver because I was obsessed with the 1979 horror movie, “Alien”. I wanted to be like her… fearless, strong and powerful. Later it was Pamela Anderson because she was just so cute, sexy and bubbly.
3. I believe my purpose is to live my life to the fullest potential and help as many species as possible.
4. My favorite part of working onthe Unbelievable!!!!! film was that I was allowed to bring my character Cheryl to life the way I envisioned. But also the level of professionalism of the whole production, cast and crew made this experience for me simply unforgettable. Everyone should watch the film because one will never see 40+ original Star Trek actors in another sci-fi parody again.
5. When I was younger I fantasized about being a cover model, dating a rock star and living in California.
6. Please consider donating to: www.animalhopeandwellness.org charity. It’s one I personally love and believe in because this non-profit organization focuses on rescuing abused dogs and dogs from the meat trade in Asia. Marc Ching, the owner of the organization, has done and continues doing the “impossible.”
7. One thing that my mother taught me was to climb the ladder of success very slowly because once on top, the only way from there, is the way down.
8. If I were president I would change quite a few things. Here’s just a few… I would shut down Monsanto, FDA, USDA, all slaughter houses and fur farms. I would make education and healthcare free for everyone. I would lower income taxes for single people and also give people the freedom of choice to what they want their taxes to go towards. I would also “melt” all the political parties into one and I would get homeless people off the streets.
9. The vegan lifestyle is important because I believe EVERYTHING is energy. That’s why it’s important what you surround yourself with as well as what you put on, and into your body. If you eat the sunlight, life and oxygen that is in fruits and vegetables, you will become life. Your skin will radiate, you’ll be healthy and happy. If you eat dead flesh that came from sick animals that suffered and were depressed, you will become depressed, ill and unhappy. The animal’s feelings are in the blood and the organs as it gets slaughtered. Then they end up in your body. I guarantee you none of the animals were feeling joy and happiness during their slaughter. I believe depression is linked to meat and even dairy consumption. You know that saying: “You are what you eat.” That means on the spiritual, physical and mental level.
My advice to those who want to make a switch to the vegan lifestyle is simple. Make a grocery list of items you like to eat. Then google the alternatives to meat, dairy and eggs and just go shopping. If your local store doesn’t carry some of it, no problem. Just order them online. Then cook the same dishes you like to eat but with the alternatives. Once you learn about all the amazing stuff that’s out there, it will become your second nature. Follow some great vegans on social media and check out the vegan hashtags to learn even more. The same applies to other areas of your lifestyle. No leather sofas, fur coats, leather car seats….they are all bad energy.
10. I like to stay in shape by doing circuit training workout at a gym. Since I love nature, I also love to do white water rafting, canoeing, swimming and hiking. Since I’m a vegan, I don’t need to exercise much. But I need to constantly move otherwise my endorphin levels drop too low.