There’s probably nothing better than delicious Al pastor tacos —— unless, of course, it’s a healthy vegan alternative to this staple Mexican dish!
The secret to this mouthwatering recipe is my Al Pastor Seasoning sprinkled on the jackfruit along with a few other key ingredients I list below, come try it out!
Yield: 2- 3 servings
- 3 tablespoons Todo Verde Tinga seasoning
- 20 oz can young green jackfruit
- ¼ cup neutral cooking oil
- 1/3 cup cashew crema
- One pinch pickled red onion
- Remove jackfruit from brine and rinse with water. Use your hands to squeeze out liquid.
- Use a knife to remove the shreddable jackfruit from the core and seed pods. Mince the cores and seeds with a knife or food processor and add all jackfruit to a mixing bowl.
- Shake Tinga seasoning tin to evenly mix flavor. Add three tablespoons Tinga seasoning to your jackfruit, using a spoon to stir and incorporate.
- Preheat a skillet with 1/4 cup neutral cooking oil to medium heat.
- Add seasoned jackfruit to skillet, cooking between 10 – 15 minutes until it gets seared and crispy.
- When done, top tortillas with jackfruit, cashew crema, pickled red onion, and cilantro to serve.
My taco verde seasoning combines all the umami-rich, high-quality spices you need to cook delicious, vibrant dishes with just the right amount of heat every time.