A simple & straightforward guide to becoming your healthiest, strongest & sexiest with less time & money.
Let’s face it, we for the most part live in an age where speed and expediency are paramount. Fast food, fast entertainment, and fast access to communication are literally on the palm of our hands. So how can we possibly find a convenient way to get in shape, stay healthy, look hot & sexy with or without clothes, and have the energy and stamina to keep up with this faster way of living?
Simple. Keep fitness simple.
The following are extremely effective FIVE FAST FITNESS TIPS that you can use today taken directly from the CrazyFIT Aesthetics, Fitness, & Nutrition Guide and the CrazyFIT Commandments.
#1: Develop a powerful WHY-power
After 14 years of training clients in the civilian sector and US Army soldiers in fitness, weight loss, and encouraging a healthy active lifestyle, everyone and I mean EVERYONE (myself included) can become discouraged, busy, or sidetracked by life that may be outside our control. This disruption can cause us to drift away from prioritizing our health and fitness which coincidentally must be our top priority since being sicker and more injured decreases our performance in all areas of life from work, business, family, and social activities.
Willpower alone will not keep you going but a powerful “Why”-power will.
Action Steps: Take out a pen and sheet of paper or a word processing app and write down in detail your top 5 reasons to exercise and eat healthier because when temptations come and they will come by the truckloads, you must remind yourself of these top 5 reasons why you push the bread and butter or tortilla chips away and push the dumbbells and eat your veggies at every meal.
Here is a sample Top 5 WHY-power List from clients and me:
My Top 5 WHY I prioritize my health & fitness:
- I live each day with energy and feeling and looking amazing.
- I will live long enough and healthy enough to play and spend quality with my children and grandchildren.
- I will be highly marketable in business with my positive attitude, energy and enthusiasm, and killer looks!
- I will outperform and outwork my competition and ensure I have the stamina to dominate my industry.
- I want to break the cycle of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cancer in my family and set the example of a healthy active lifestyle for my family, my community, and future generations.
#2: Schedule & Show Up
Create a routine and habit. Workout on the same days and times consistently and invest 2-6 sessions per week. Eat strictly 3 meals a day (for maintenance or weight loss) or 4 meals (for weight gain) at the same
Sample Exercise & Eating Routine:
- 5 am: Wake up, drink water
- 6 am – 7:00 am: Exercise (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- 7:30 am: Meal #1
- 12:30 pm: Meal #2
- 5:30 pm: Meal #3
#3: Food is Fuel
Do you want your body to look and perform like a high-performance supercar like a Ferrari or Aston Martin?
Yes, of course! Then start putting fuel in your body like one. Choose foods that heal and energize your body. Follow the 31.5 CrazyFIT Meal guide for what to eat at every single meal from quality and quantity of VPF+C (vegetables, protein, fats and occasional carbs). Here are just a few recommendations of the best foods for each group.
31.5 Meal Guide
- 3 fistful of vegetables: Choose from broccoli, kale, spinach, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts.
- 1 fistful of protein: Wild caught salmon, tofu, free-range brown eggs, tempeh, chicken/turkey breast (all organic & non-GMO if possible).
- 0.5 fistful of fats: avocado, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, almonds.
- 0.5 fistful of carbs: wild colored rice, quinoa, sweet potato, black beans, fruits: berries, kiwi. *best eaten last either 1st meal or post workout.
- Drink your bodyweight in ounces of water daily. Be prepared to urinate every 30 minutes. Drink a glass of water as soon as you awaken and before-during-after meals.
#4: Functional & Fun Fitness
Do exercises that give you the most bang for your buck meaning you get the most results with less time and at the same time you find fun for the most part.
I am a huge advocate of training intensely rather than lengthy and truly love the muscular pump, burn, sweat, and going so hard in my workouts that I feel like I just died and had a transcendental experience so develop a fitness regimen that you enjoy.
Here is a sample 3-day Split:
Day 1: Lower Body – Legs & Abs
- Squat: 10 reps
- Seated V-Up: 10-20 reps (depending on your fitness level)
- Deadlift: 10 reps
- Mini Burpee: 10-20 reps (depending on your fitness level)
*Do all 4 exercises successively then rest 2-minutes and repeat for 4-6 sets depending on your fitness level. Approximate workout length with warm-up and cooldown stretch: 40 minutes.
Day 2: Upper Body – Push-Pull & Obliques
- Dumbbell Bent Over Row: 10 reps
- Mason Twist: 10-20 reps both sides (depending on your fitness level)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 10 reps
- Plank Twist: 10-20 reps both sides (depending on your fitness level)
- Push Up Row: 10 reps (10 push ups & 10 rows total)
*Do all 5 exercises successively then rest 2-minutes and repeat for 4-5 sets depending on your fitness level. Approximate workout length with warm-up and cooldown stretch: 45 minutes.
Day 3: Whole Body – The Big 5
- Incline Dumbbell Press
- Pull Up
- Hanging Toe-to-bar
*Do all 5 exercises successively for 10 reps each then rest 2-minutes and repeat for 4-6 sets depending on your fitness level. Approximate workout length with warm-up and cooldown stretch: 50 minutes.
#5: Measure Progress
There is a saying, “Winners are trackers.” We only truly know we are progressing and improving when we objectively measure our efforts daily, weekly and monthly. Track and write down every workout, load/weight, reps, sets, max heart rate (HR), average HR, calories burned, how you felt during and after the workout (Was it challenging enough? Could you have lifted heavier?). Do daily weigh-ins, weekly body fat & muscle mass scans, biweekly progress photos (every 2 weeks) and tape measure as needed to ensure you are moving in the right direction and your efforts are correct.
Apply these Five Fast Fitness Tips diligently and consistently and experience your health and fitness go to next level.
Crizam Carlos is the Owner of CrazyFIT LLC, a fitness studio and program company, and a passionate Fitness Trainer with 14 years experience training clients in proper fitness and nutrition in the civilian and military sectors. He served honorably as an active duty US Army Combat Medic for 4 years with 2 tours in Iraq in 2003 & 2005 and earned a B.S. in Cell/Molecular Biology and Biotechnology from California State University, Northridge. Crizam has worked and volunteered for many non-profit organizations promoting fitness, health, dance, and good decision-making skills for the youth and he is also a professional dancer specializing in Bachata & Salsa.